Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Birds in Flight

I've been working a lot on shooting birds, especially in flight, and have run into a lot of difficulties, but some successes too. Here are a few shots that I have taken recently.












I took this picture at Norm's Island on Monday, I like how you can see a nice profile of the gulls head while it is turning, as well as the very brown background to contrast with the white plumage. I did have to crop down a lot, and wish I could have gotten closer.

















This osprey was gliding over the Gardner River, and I managed to get a shot off before it flew off. It's a little dark (which I will fix in photoshop when I have time) and I cropped it a lot as well, but I like the blue sky and clouds in the background.

















These bluebirds were part of a huge flock foraging along the Rescue Creek trail. There are only two or three in flight, but I used a narrow depth of field and like how the birds fade out in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment