Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Outdoor Photographer

Since I'm leaving for Costa Rica on Thursday I thought I would do a little quick research for tips about photographing birds, insects and other wildlife I will hopefully be seeing a lot of in the next week. I found some good articles on the Outdoor Photographer website. Here are some of the tips that seemed helpful for me:
For macro shooting: make sure your flash is not on full power

For insects: if they move away from you use your other hand (or friend) to move them back to your camera

For background: try to have a simple background with no sticks or grass in the foreground (though that may be impossible in a rainforest)

For birds: watch their behavior to predict patterns and capture interesting behavior.

For animals: make sure there is enough room in the frame, and that they are looking or moving into the frame

No comments:

Post a Comment