Sunday, February 14, 2010

Clothing Shoot

This is my attempt at featuring clothing in the outdoors, so here goes...

This first one is featuring a Princeton headlamp. I found a shadowy overhang to take the picture in, but it is really no replacement for an actual cave, so I used photoshop to darken the exposure. I also cropped in to get rid of a lot of rock that really didn't do anything for the image. Shutter speed of 1/320, aperture of f4.0 and ISO 80.

This is a Boeri ski helmet and Scott goggles. Since we weren't actually skiing, I just took it against the bright blue sky, but I like that the goggles give the picture a sense of place anyway. For photoshop I took out some hair that was across Hil's face and cleaned up a couple smudges on the goggles. Shutter speed of 1/800, aperture of f4.0, and an ISO of 80.

This picture could feature the hat, vest, gloves, or shirt, but what I really like about it is the steam coming off of the mug. I used a fill flash for this picture because the lighting was so strong on the right side that it left the left side very dark. It is still a big contrast, and I darkened some of the really bright washed out areas (like the hat) in photoshop. Shutter speed 1/640 sec, aperture f4.0 and ISO 80.

This is my favorite shot. I really like the angles that the rock and the boot are making. I tried to play with the aperture to make just the boot in focus, and ended up using my macro focus to really make that happen, but I like the effect it had. In photoshop I took out some grass that was in the background, and increased the contrast on the boot. Shutter speed 1/800, aperture of f4.0, and ISO 80. After class update: I took out the rock in the background, and since the boot itself gets lost in the powder on the bottom, I did a crop too.













Here is a bonus image! I know we were supposed to be shooting clothing for people, but after the shoot, we went out to White Aspen and Chili graciously posed for me showing off her WeatherBeeta blanket. Shutter speed of 1/250 sec, aperture at f8.0 and and ISO of 80.

No comments:

Post a Comment