Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Great Pictures

There are a lot of elements that can make a photograph great, and there are no hard and fast rules to follow to ensure a great shot. We talked about a lot of them in class, from composure to color palate and telling a story. There are so many elements that I chose a couple of my photos that have one or two characteristics that make a photo great.

Eye-catching: I like the subdued colors of the sage and grasses and then the vibrant blue of the bluebird that is still in the same color scheme, but really pops out.








Few Elements: I think this photo works well because the only elements are the fence and the kid, who is also off center and close to where the rule of thirds would place him




.
Tells a story: I think this picture does a good job capturing the relationship between my friend and his dog. I do wish the ski poles were out of the frame though.




Texture: This picture features a very cooperative marmot, which is phenomenal on its own, but I really like the detail of the fur contrasted with the granite of the boulders.






Composition: This picture places the subject in the middle, but because of the pier leading up to him, and the boats on either side, it is still balanced. I also like that the wave was just breaking as he jumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment