Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Leica Dissecting Scope

Since last week was warm and wet my Botany class went out to collect mosses and took them back to the lab where we took pictures of some of them with the new dissecting scope/camera. I got a little distracted and in addition to moss I took a couple pictures of our Brassica rapa plants we're doing genetic work with and one other random flower in the lab. I did a little bit of editing in Lightroom, mostly to remove some background noise because the lab tables are not pure black. One of the things that was difficult about this kind of photography is that because it is so zoomed in on the plant, there is a really narrow depth of field (like we talked about in class today) but I can only focus the scope and move it slightly closer or farther away, which made things more difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment