Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Adobe Lightroom 3 Beta

This week I downloaded Adobe Lightroom 3 Beta in part to help me sort through the ridiculous amounts of pictures I took in Costa Rica, but mostly because it's free! (at least, until April when they release the actual version.) I've just started playing around with it, and I don't have Lightoom 2 to compare, but it definitely beats trying to do it on my laptop or walking over to the lab for photoshop.

So far I like how quick importing and sorting photos is, the side-by-side before and after comparisons, and how most of the tools are intuitive and fairly easy to use. One thing I don't really like is the spot repair tool: it's just not as easy to use or control as the clone or heal tool in photoshop. I'm sure I'll get better at it as I use it more. One thing I'm excited about trying is making a slide show set to music.

No comments:

Post a Comment