Sunday, January 24, 2010

Trail Running in Billings

Riverfront Park and Meyer's Trail
Thursday turned out to be a day of running, right after class Hil and I headed to Riverfront Park to do some trail running/photography. To be honest, I was doing more running than photography, until we turned a corner to find what I thought was an otter! We stopped and started snapping pictures. The otter was eating a fish and we got to watch it for a few minutes before it dove into the river and disappeared under the ice. Later, I showed the pictures to my Environmental Science professor Kayhan who decided it was not an otter, but probably a mink because of how fluffy it appeared and the shape of the head. Either way, it was exciting!

Later at cross country practice, Carrie and I headed up Meyer's trail to the top of the rims. This is one of my favorite runs, and since it was so warm we had the rare combination of running through the snow in shorts. We ran towards Zimmerman to an arch that we found exploring last year, and I got a silhouette of Carrie running across it.

No comments:

Post a Comment