Sunday, January 24, 2010

Skiing Weekend

Bridger Bowl and Red Lodge Mountain

Friday was $15 lift tickets at Bridger Bowl if you had 3 or more people in your vehicle, so the Outdoor Rec program got a van and took eight of us up for a day of skiing! Even though the light was pretty flat I decided it was time to start experimenting with my camera. I kept switching back and forth between the landscape, portrait and snow settings.
The snow setting seemed to work best for the action shots, but the lighting on the mountain was always changing too. My next goal was to get some face shots, so I switched back to portrait and annoyed my friends by skiing around them with a camera. Hopefully it was worth it.












































At the very end of the day I decided to get artistic and take pictures through my goggles because that's what you actually see when you're skiing. I'm still undecided about how they turned out, but it was fun!









The next day Outdoor Rec went up to the ski team race at Red Lodge, and because it was much colder I didn't take very many pictures outside, but did take this one of Anne frantically trying to activate her hand warmers in Midway Lodge. We did venture back outside and had a great afternoon attempting to land jumps and generally enjoying the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment